Bridge in the Community
Bridge's role in the local community is one of our most important corporate values – we invest our time and people in worthwhile initiatives across local schools, youth centres and rehabilitation programs. Bridge's community work is managed and organised by Bruce Malone CBE, with the full support, engagement and participation of Bridge executive and management.
Art & Part Programme – All Glasgow Secondary Schools
- 'Mutli Agency' initiative – Knife Crime & Association
- John Paul Mowberry/Liam O'Donnell/Glasgow Solicitor Colleagues and Joyce Young (Scotswoman of the Year and Chair of Families After Murder)
- Presentations to Schools – 'Clown With Knife' Drama Production
- Management Group Membership JP/BM
- Community Trust Events JP/BM
- Saint Andrew's Secondary School (Glasgow):
- Youth Alcohol and Addiction Schools' Programme
- Heart Start Programme
Barnardo's Transition/Step Up Programme
- Saint Andrew's Secondary School: Support for most Challenged P7 to S2 Secondary Pupils – transition to Secondary School and ongoing support. (Summer involvement Celtic Charity Community Programme 2012)
Further Education Funding
- Saint Andrew's Secondary School: Motivation & Recognition Awards (x2) (challenged YP – e.g. LA/LAAC/Young Carers)
Solicitor Talks re Legal Careers/Careers' Evenings
- Staff representation – Saint Andrew's Secondary School (x2)
- Saint Ninian's High School, Eastwood (x4)
Work Experience/Shadowing Opportunities
- Miscellaneous YP through the year from various schools.
Allarton – Crossreach – Church of Scotland Home
- Support for Vulnerable
- Mgt and Strategic Review Group – BM
- Events/Outings – Financial Support from Bridge (to Xmas 2012)
Prince's Trust Classes Seminar/Talks
- St. Andrew's Secondary School Princes' Trust YP
Families at Rogerfield Easterhouse FARE
- Bridge Representation on Advisory Board – BM
- Financial Support from Bridge
- Food Bank provision/Resources
Careers in Law Seminar for 5 East End Secondary School YP June 2013
- 'Legal Profession/Careers' in Law – Entry to LLB Degree Courses'
- Bridge organised afternoon programme in the High Court
- LLB Careers' Talks from Own Staff + other Lawyers – 28 YP in High Court
- Five East End Secondary Schools: Eastbank Lochend, St. Andrew's, St. Roch's, Smithycroft
- Aim – to inform YP and assist efforts to redress imbalance of 1 in 12 entrants to LLB courses from deprived/disadvantaged socio economic backgrounds
- Work Experience opps on offer/assistance with applications/advice and support as requested
Detailed Programme & Young People Evaluations available.
For further information or to arrange a free initial consultation, please email us or call 0141 429 3100.